Sutton & Cheam Swimming Club seeks to promote swimming and water polo
amongst boys and girls in Sutton and the surrounding area, by offering
the best possible coaching in a friendly, enjoyable, affordable and high-achieving
- To offer opportunities for all members to develop their skills and
- To provide a pleasurable and successful learning environment which
promotes the development of each swimmer and water polo player to his/her
own desired potential, whether it is at a local, provincial or national
- To promote swimming and water polo as opportunities for group participation
- To promote competitive swimming and water polo as 'sports for all'
with no restrictions as to age, gender, ability or race for participation.
- To promote the enjoyment of swimming as a healthy sport and as a 'skill
- To provide opportunities to take part in competitions (both swimming
and water polo)
- To promote an atmosphere of responsibility and team commitment in
which team members have a healthy respect for themselves, their teammates,
coaches and the team as a whole.
- To develop a strong sense of sportsmanship which deals equally with
success and disappointment
- To develop a positive attitude and a strong work ethic which emphasises
the values of determination, discipline, hard work and perseverance
in achieving success
- To provide leadership and positive role models to younger swimmers.
- To provide a professional quality coaching programme for all ages
- To develop a base for conditioning and competence in all strokes
- To review and improve the program every year
- And finally, to develop mutual understanding amongst parents, coaches
and swimmers on the need for co-operation, self-motivation, respect
and team spirit in the pursuit of excellence.